Skip to main content

Get Google Calender's Event Notifications Or Reminder Notifications On Windows

Hi Friends, I was struggling for some days to get better notifications for google calender's events or reminders that I have set for myself but I was able to only get the browser notifications that was not quite working for me. I am not satisfied the way those browser notifications work for any calendar event or alert.

The cons of browser notifications are:
1. They can't be snooze
2. They didn't sustain for long time, they just appears for 1 or 2 min maximum.
3. They are not very attractive. They can be missed easily.

For these reasons the browser notifications are not a good solutions for Calendar notifications. So I searched on internet for any solutions that can provide me to get better notification for my google calendar events.

By change today I get a window update today and I come to know about the Mail app on Window 10. This simple mail client app asked me to set up account with Google account and then it synced all my mails and calendars from my google account and after that I am seeing the event notifications like they work for Microsoft office outlook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Architectures of Bijawar, Chhatarpur, M.P.

Bijawar, Temple Janki Niwash Bijawar, Temple Janki Niwash   Maharaja Palace of Bijawar - A very royal palace of the Great Maharaja Ji of Bijawar. The palace has a great eye caching architecture. It stands tall with its mirror image on a big Talab in front of it. The palace is become very old and loosing its age at a rapid pace. Unfortunately its to late to restore the Bijawar palace infrastructure but one should create Bijawar palace replica or model to preserve its beauty and architecture. This photo of the palace is the first photo taken and publish on the web. That time there was no good cameras available but as said Old is Gold.

Shanti Mantras

ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदम् पूर्णात् पूर्णमुदच्यते | पूर्णस्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते || ॐ शान्तिः, शान्तिः, शान्तिः ||

Call async function in loop for array and update the exiting array Javascript and Node Js

Here is a good example of the code to call async function in loop for element of an array and update the exiting array. In this example I have used the Array.prototype.entries() function to get the index and value of each array item of a simple array. Array.prototype.entries() method helps to iterate an array with index and element. function timeout(ms) { return new Promise(resolve => setTimeout(resolve, ms)); } async function resolveAfter2Seconds(num) { await timeout(2000); return num; } async function main() { let arr = ["Saab", "Volvo", "BMW"]; for (let [index, val] of arr.entries()) { console.log(index, val); console.log(await resolveAfter2Seconds(val)); } } main();